March 6, 2019
The next practice at the Scooter’s Roller Palace is scheduled for March 10th at 9:30am, doors open at 9am.
We need at least 7 skaters to go ahead with that practice. Please confirm with me at firstname.lastname@example.org or via Facebook (or by phone if you have my # or in person) or via Instagram by Friday evening at 8pm, Please remember to register and to find all the details here.
I will announce if practice will happen or not on Friday night. I’ll do so by e-mail to all who are registered plus on the TISC site and the TISC Facebook page.
January 18, 2019
Winter skating at the Scooter’s Roller Palace is going to happen this year!! I managed to arrange for skating at Scooter’s on Sundays until the end of March. If you want to skate, please review the following information and complete & submit the following form before attending.
- WHEN: Sundays, starting January 27th, skating at 9:30am until the end of March- doors open at 9am
- HOW MUCH: $20 (cash) per session
- WHERE: Scooter’s Roller Palace– on Google Maps: 2105 Royal Windsor Dr, Mississauga, ON L5J 1K5
- EQUIPMENT: You need skates and a helmet the fits securely. It’s indoors, so skin suits are fine, but you might want to have a light jacket on hand as it can get slightly cool. Don’t forget your water bottles.
- WHO IS COACHING: Yours truly, Peter Doucet. If you want to help or you want to give me feedback & ideas, you can e-mail me at email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- HOW CAN I HELP: Please come early, as early as 9am, to help with cleaning the floor. With four volunteer, it will take us just under 40-minutes to get the floor clean and grippy! I hope to get into the rink by 8:45am to start setting up.
- WHAT WE WILL DO: Circle drills, passing drills, plenty of relays, speed intervals, how to skate in a group, efficient lines & track patterns, and more. Plus, let me know what you’d like to get our of the program. There will be a wide range in skill, ability, fitness, and experience of skaters, so we all have to do our best to be safe and allow everyone to benefit.
- WHAT DO I NEED TO DO BEFORE I SKATE? Please complete the following form which will have you skating as a Guest of TISC. You’ll be required to sign-in at every practice. I’ll have a sign-in sheet with pen with me.
- WHAT ABOUT CANCELLATIONS? I may have to cancel practice due to private bookings and movie shoots from time-to-time. I’ll contact everyone who has registered via e-mail and put a message on the TISC website, Facebook, and my own Social Media feeds to alert you. We’ll see if we can find a different time to skate if there is enough interest.
- SAFETY: Absolutely no water bottles in the skating area because spills take a long time to dry and make the floor unusable- keep your bottles on the wall near the chair. Stay alert and aware at all times- when entering the track, while skating, and when exiting the track. No personal audio devices. When being lapped, hold your line. When lapping others, please alert them and it is your responsibility to go around safely. I’ll have rags and vinegar for you to clean your wheels with as cleaner wheels will offer you a lot more traction.
- QUESTIONS? E-mail me at one of the two following addresses: email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org, find me on Instagram, find me on Facebook, and some of you have my phone # to text or call me.
In order to participate in the 2019 Winter skating at the Scooter’s Roller Palace, all applicants are required to complete the following. All components of registration MUST be completed online PRIOR to skating. This includes I) Guest Membership application, II) Waiver, III) agreeing to Equity, Climate, Governance, IV) payment,
- Review and agree to the Equity, Climate, Governance, Mission Statement, which outlines rules, expectations, conduct, equipment requirements, safety and more.
- Review and agree to TISC Guest Waiver.
- Complete the following Guest Membership application form for the applicant and all family members seeking to Guest Membership with the Toronto Inline Skating Club
November 22, 2018
If you’re interested in skating indoors this winter, if you want to get out of this awful cold and want to have wheels under your feet, please get in touch with me on Facebook, on Instagram, or by e-mail at email@example.com
Different options include Monday nights at Scooter’s in South Mississauga and Saturday mornings at Downsview near highway 401 and Keele.
Please get in contact with me over the next two weeks so I can figure out if indoor skating this year is possible, including figuring out costs, scheduling, and all those super interesting details!
November 7, 2018
Save the Date: The Toronto Inline Skating Club will hold its Annual General Meeting in conjunction with the Year End Party & Awards on Saturday December 8th 2018 at 4pm.
The party will feature a pot-luck (everyone brings some food). We ask that you RSVP (and include the number of guests that will attend). To confirm what you’ll bring as food and to RSVP, please use the Google Doc (use the tab at the bottom to switch between food list and RSVP list).
To make the Annual General Meeting accessible and ensure maximum attendance and participation, TISC’s Board of Directors decided to hold the Annual General Meeting in conjunction with the End of Year Party & Awards. The following documents will be used:
November 6, 2018
A small group of skaters recently tested skating on a treadmill at Westwood Arena near Finch and Highway 427. Those who set-up this activity would like to extend an invitation to those interested in participating in this training opportunity to do so. If you would like to participate, please contact Peter Doucet at firstname.lastname@example.org and your information will be passed along. Please get in touch with me by November 13th.
A schedule will be organized and those who participate will be expected to pay ahead of time. Costs will be detailed once groups are organized. You can expect to pay up to $50 per session, with a financial commitment of a minimum number of sessions (possibly paying ahead for up to 10 sessions).
Please note: This is NOT a TISC organized activity, and all who participate in this do so with the best understanding of risks and dangers involved, and recognize that TISC is not involved in setting up this training opportunity and costs are divided among all who participate.
September 10, 2018
Tonight’s practice is cancelled due to the rainfall. Hopefully see you out on Thursday- and please remember it’s a 6pm start.
September 3, 2018
This is a reminder TISC practices start at 6pm for thr month of September due to the loss in datlight. See you tonight if the weather holds up!