All the information related to the Toronto Inline Skating Club’s 2021 season and how to register with the Toronto Inline Skating Club is included in this post. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Toronto Inline Skating Club will resume activities on Monday August 2nd 2021 at 6pm on the 400-meter track next to Father Redmond School at Colonel Samuel Smith Park. TISC members and guest will be able to enjoy skating every Monday, weather dependent (must be dry conditions), until the final session on September 27th 2021.
Please carefully review the following information. The membership application form for all is below).
HOW TO JOIN
All components of registration for membership must be completed prior to participating in TISC activities.
- Fill in and complete the membership application form below, which includes reviewing and agreeing to 1) The Waiver [Waiver for Member] [Waiver for Visitor or Guest], 2) TISC Equity Climate Governance statement, and 3) COVID-19 Assumption of Risk
- Complete payment; TISC will accept payment via Paypal (you will be invoiced somewhat shortly after you have submitted your registration), cheque or cash (must be submitted in-person prior to participation)
COVID-19 – HEALTH AND SAFETY
- ONTARIO COVID-19 SELF ASSESSMENT: Complete the Ontario COVID-19 Self Assessment prior to arrival at the venue/ location for participation in TISC programming and activities, and only attend and participate when the screening allows. [Click here for Ontario COVID-19 Self Assessment]
- SIGN-IN: Complete sign-in: prior to participating in TISC programming and activities, sign-in must be completed. This includes completing COVID-19 screening and physically signing a paper proving attendance. Attendance and participation can only occur if the screening allows. A sign-in area will be set-up and designated. Distance from others (see below) will be enforced and must be adhered.
- SANITIZER: Sanitizer will be available on-site and available for TISC Members, Guests, and Visitors, and Accompanying Parties.
- FACE COVERING: Bring a face covering for use when at the venue/ location of TISC programming and activities. A face covering must cover both the mouth and chin. These will be required to be worn at certain moments during TISC programming and activities. When face covering are required will be communicated and monitored by the Coach and/ or Instructor and/ or TISC Volunteers.
- DISTANCE FROM OTHERS: Unless informed otherwise by Coach and/ or Instructor and/ or TISC Volunteers, TISC Members, Guests, and Visitors, and Accompanying Parties, Coaches, Instructors, Volunteers must remain 3-meters from other TISC Members, Guests, and Visitors, and Accompanying Parties, Coaches, Instructors, Volunteers who do not reside in the same household.
- SAFETY PLAN: The Toronto Inline Skating Club has developed a Safety Plan. You can review it here. It will also be printed and available on-site during TISC programming and activities. [Click here for safety plan]
- TISC COVID-19 WAIVER: Please review the COVID-19 Waiver [Click here to read TISC’s COVID-19 Waiver]
The Toronto Inline Skating Club has purchased an insurance plan in order to operated and offer programming and activities. Members, Guests, and Visitors of the Toronto Inline Skating Club do not have access to or coverage for Sport Accident insurance through membership to TISC or via participation in TISC programming and activities. Those who participate with TISC (Members, Visitors, Guests) are responsible for all costs related to injuries and sport accident sustained during and related to TISC programming and activities. It is recommended that Members, Visitors, and Guests assess their own risk and exposure and consider any liabilities and potential costs related to sport accidents and injuries and make their own decision related to purchasing or not purchasing Sport Accident insurance.
WHAT TO BRING
This is a list of what you’ll need for a better experience skating with TISC:
- Helmet (mandatory) that fits properly and has not made contact with the ground and is not damaged during a fall
- Skates (all types of skates are suitable)
- Wrist guards or palm protection (mandatory)
- Water bottle (filled with water)
- Clothing for activity, suitable for the day’s weather
WHO SHOULD SKATE
If you can start rolling, stop safely, turn in both directions, skate on a variety of terrain (up hill, downhill, rough asphalt, over curbs, hop over small obstacles), and you’re stable on your skates, then TISC is the right place for you to improve your fitness, technique, group skills, and race strategies.
PROGRAMMING AND HOW PRACTICE WILL BE DELIVERED
You can expect the 2021 TISC programming and activities to be deeply influenced by COVID-19 prevention measures and health and safety considerations. This means a lot of activities offered at TISC will be individual and technical drills. Pacing, timed, and pursuit activities will also be used. There will also be agility-based activates offered.
There will be minimal drafting (skating close behind another skater) and no relays until it has been made clear through health regulations, health and safety considerations, facility owners and operators (the City of Toronto), and other regulatory bodies and authorities that these can safely and legally take place.
GUESTS & VISITORS
The Toronto Inline Skating Club will offer two options outside of TISC membership for Guest and Visitors
- GUEST: A guest is defined as an individual who has never held a TISC membership at any time prior to 2021. The cost is $20 to participate in two (2) TISC session/ activity/ practice held any Monday in August and September 2021 from 6pm to 8pm. An individual may act as a guest one time. To continue participating in TISC programming and activities after an individual has acted as a guest, the individual must either do so as a visitor or as a member.
- VISITOR: A visitor is defined as an individual who has held a TISC membership at any time prior to 2021. The cost is $20 to participate in one (1) TISC session/ activity/ practice held any Monday in August and September 2021 from 6pm to 8pm. The number of times an individual may attend and participate as a visitor is unlimited. Each TISC session/ activity/ practice will cost $20 for the individual.
TISC has a supply of rental racing skates (low boots, carbon fiber shell, big wheels!) available to its members. To receive rental skates, all components of TISC membership must be complete, payment and forms must first be completed and deposits must be made prior to skates being rented.
Cost is $100 for the season starting in April to end of September + a $400 security deposit (post dated cheque which will be returned when the rental skaters are returned to TISC in similar condition than when rented), $50 is skates are returned within 1-month of the start of the rental. As the outdoor season passes (April to September), the rental rate is reduced by $10 for each month (example: $100 to rent April to September, $90 May to September, $80 June to September…). To rent skates, please speak with a club volunteer at practice or communicate with us at email@example.com
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, RULES
- Use of helmet and hand or wrist protection is compulsory. You must wear your protective equipment at all times. Additional equipment (wrist and knee protection and mouth guard) is recommended.
- Skaters 15 years old and younger must wear elbow and knee protection. Parents/ guardians can sign-off on required use of elbow and/ or knee protection.
- Use of personal listening devices & earphones (mp3 players, etc) is forbidden
- Prior to skating with TISC, membership application must be completed and all relevant documents (waivers, health, equity) must be reviewed, and payment must be completed.
- Bring your own water/ hydration/ food/ nutrition.
- Sign-in must be completed prior to participation.
- Follow the passing rules for the location (if unsure please ask the coach or instructor). Leave lots of room between yourself and the skater(s) you’re passing.
- Each member or guest must sign in on the “Sign In” sheet at each practice.
- Stay alert to others using venues- tracks, trails and streets- and be courteous at all times. Be mindful of, and vigilant for, other participants, skaters, cyclists, pedestrians and motor vehicles, which may share the road and may constitute a danger to you. Occasionally you will encounter those who act in a reckless or dangerous manner. Do not initiate a confrontation, but rather, if the situation warrants it, report the person/vehicle to the police. During TISC programming and activities, coach, instructor, or a TISC volunteer will handle the situation.
- Avoid water, sand, dirt, grass, oil, debris, uneven or broken pavement, manhole covers and ‘road snakes’ (cracks sealed with tar). When skating in packs or groups, alert others to any oncoming hazards verbally and/or by pointing to the hazard side.
- Please consult the website, and use the facebook page, and listen-up at practice for practice and event cancellations due to weather conditions (made approximately 1-2 hour prior to start time) and/ or club attendance at competitions, other special club events.
- Please review and familiarize yourself with the section on Equity, Climate and Governance
- Unless otherwise noted, all practice venues are alcohol free and smoking is prohibited. These are policies and requirements of property owners and managements of the venues and facilities where TISC holds permits for the use of the venues and facilities.
- TISC programming and activities make use of group and individual drills and moment. This includes skating in groups, drafting, passing, moving and switching positions within the group (pack/ peloton), relays, technical drills, agility exercises, time-trials, wide and sharp turns, accelerations, decelerations, pacing, pursuits, races, competitions, balancing drills, isolating skating movements, and timed events.
REGISTRATION FORM, FEES
|Registration Date||Fee for individual adult||Fee for Student, 55 years and over, and one additional Family Member. For 3rd and each subsequent additional family member reduce the fee below by $20|
Completing and submitting this application indicates you have reviewed and agree to the documents (linked at the beginning of this post): 1) The Waiver , 2) TISC Equity Climate Governance statement, and 3) COVID-19 Assumption of Risk. There is NO NEED TO SIGN the documents. The submission of your application is considered as your review and agreement. A Paypal invoice will be sent to you.
For family members, please complete an application for each individual. For example, a family of three would submit three membership applications.