All the information related to the Toronto Inline Skating Club’s 2022 season and how to register with the Toronto Inline Skating Club is included in this post. If you have questions, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The Toronto Inline Skating Club open its 2022 season on Monday April 4th 2022 at 6pm on the 400-meter track next to Father Redmond School at Colonel Samuel Smith Park.
- 28 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Drive, Toronto, Ontario, M8V4B7
Skating will be weather dependent (conditions must be dry and safe – this site & FB page will be updated if practice is cancelled). The season will conclude with the final skate on September 26 2022.
1 of 11- HOW TO JOIN
All components of registration for membership must be completed prior to participating in TISC activities.
- Read and review the following documents (no need to print or submit them as you’ll be submitting agreement in the form below): 1) The Waiver [Waiver for Member] [Waiver for Visitor or Guest], 2) TISC Equity Climate Governance statement, and 3) COVID-19 Assumption of Risk
- Read all the information below that follows below
- Complete and submit the membership application form below (scroll down), which by submitting indicates you have reviewed and agree to the three documents under point 1 (Waiver, Equity Climate Statement, COVID-19 Assumption of Risk)
- Complete payment; TISC will accept payment via Paypal (you will be invoiced somewhat shortly after you have submitted your registration), cheque or cash (must be submitted in-person prior to participation)
2 of 11- HEALTH AND SAFETY INCLUDING COVID-19
- ONTARIO COVID-19 SELF ASSESSMENT: Complete the Ontario COVID-19 Self Assessment prior to arrival at the venue/ location for participation in TISC programming and activities, and only attend and participate when the screening allows. [Click here for Ontario COVID-19 Self Assessment]
- SIGN-IN: Complete sign-in: prior to participating in TISC programming and activities, sign-in must be completed. This includes physically signing a paper proving attendance. A sign-in area will be set-up and designated.
- REQUIRED SAFETY EQUIPMENT: Helmet (CSA, EN, ASTM, CPSC or Snell B90/B95) and hand/ palm/ wrist protection (such as gloves, wrist guard, palm sliders) are required for ALL in order to participate. Helmet should NOT be damaged and should be one that hasn’t made contact with ground or any other surfaces/ items in a fall and should be in good condition. Skaters 15 years old and younger must wear elbow and knee protection as well. This equipment must by properly worm at all times while on the field of play (track).
- SANITIZER: Sanitizer will be available on-site and available for TISC Members, Guests, and Visitors, and Accompanying Parties.
- FACE COVERING: Face coverings and masks are not mandatory. An announcement will be made if there is a change to face covering requirements.
- DISTANCE FROM OTHERS: Distancing from others is not being enforced. An announcement will be made if there is a change of requirement for distancing from others.
- TISC COVID-19 WAIVER: Please review the COVID-19 Waiver [Click here to read TISC’s COVID-19 Waiver]
3 of 11- INSURANCE
The Toronto Inline Skating Club has purchased an insurance plan in order to operate and offer programming and activities. Members, Guests, and Visitors of the Toronto Inline Skating Club do not have access to or coverage for Sport Accident insurance through membership to TISC or via participation in TISC programming and activities. Those who participate with TISC (Members, Visitors, Guests) are responsible for all costs related to injuries and sport accident sustained during and related to TISC programming and activities. It is recommended that Members, Visitors, and Guests assess their own risk and exposure and consider any liabilities and potential costs related to sport accidents and injuries and make their own decision related to purchasing or not purchasing Sport Accident insurance.
4 of 11- WHAT TO BRING
This is a list of some of what you’ll need for a better experience skating with TISC:
- Helmet (mandatory, certified by CSA, EN, ASTM, CPSC or Snell B90/B95) that fits properly and has not made contact with the ground and is not damaged during a fall
- Skates (all types of skates are suitable)
- Wrist guards or palm protection (mandatory)
- Water bottle (with what you need to hydrate, for example water, sports drink) + nutrition (what you need to eat and consume- energy bars, gels, etc.)
- Clothing for activity, suitable for the day’s weather
- Skaters 15 years old and younger must wear elbow and knee protection as well
5 of 11- WHO SHOULD SKATE WITH TISC
If you can start rolling, stop safely, turn in both directions, skate on a variety of terrain (up hill, downhill, rough asphalt, over curbs, hop over small obstacles), and you’re stable on your skates, then TISC is the right place for you to improve your fitness, technique, group skills, and race strategies.
We hope to provide programming focused on younger skaters in late-May.
6 of 11- PROGRAMMING AND HOW PRACTICE WILL BE DELIVERED
The 2022 TISC season will see a return to traditional activities, including group skating featuring drafting, technical work, relays, interval programs, distance skating, and drills to enhance skills and agility.
Grouping will be a core organizational component, where skaters will be in fluid and flexible groups at various times based on a variety of criteria, including skills, speed, age, size, interest, and stability on skates.
One coach, Peter Doucet, will lead practices. Additional coaches, instructors, leaders, and volunteers will contribute to held deliver more targeted programming as well as supervise & manage activities (for example group leaders within a pack/ group).
7 of 11- GUESTS & VISITORS
The Toronto Inline Skating Club will offer two options outside of TISC membership for Guest and Visitors
- GUEST: A guest is defined as an individual who has never held a TISC membership at any time prior to 2022. The cost is $20 to participate in two (2) TISC session/ activity/ practice held any Monday in 2022. An individual may act as a Guest (paying $20 for two TISC session/ activity/ practice) one time. To continue participating in TISC programming and activities after an individual has acted as a guest, the individual must either do so as a visitor or as a member.
- VISITOR: A visitor is defined as an individual who has held a TISC membership at any time prior to 2022. The cost is $20 to participate in one (1) TISC session/ activity/ practice held any Monday in 2022. The number of times an individual may attend and participate as a visitor is unlimited. Each TISC session/ activity/ practice will cost $20 for the individual.
8 of 11- RENTAL SKATES
TISC has a supply of rental racing skates (low boots, carbon fiber shell, big wheels!) available to its members. To receive rental skates, all components of TISC membership must be complete, payment and forms must first be completed and deposits must be made prior to skates being rented.
Cost is $100 for the season starting in April to end of September + a $400 security deposit (post dated cheque which will be returned when the rental skaters are returned to TISC in similar condition than when rented), $50 is skates are returned within 1-month of the start of the rental. As the outdoor season passes (April to September), the rental rate is reduced by $10 for each month (example: $100 to rent April to September, $90 May to September, $80 June to September…). To rent skates, please speak with a club volunteer or coach at practice.
9 of 11- EVENTS, SPECIAL PRACTICES
TISC aims to host a special event during one of the TISC Monday session/ activity/ practices, dedicated to young skaters in late-May 2022. It is possible that more than 50 skaters under 10-years of age will attend this special event. We will announce the exact date at a later time. That will NOT be a usual session/ activity/ practice.
We also hope to host two weekend events, competitions on the track- one in June or July and a second in August. More details later.
10 of 11- ADDITIONAL INFORMATION, RULES
- Use of helmet and hand or wrist protection is compulsory. You must wear your protective equipment at all times. Additional equipment (wrist and knee protection and mouth guard) is recommended.
- Skaters 15 years old and younger must wear elbow and knee protection. Parents/ guardians can sign-off on required use of elbow and/ or knee protection.
- Use of personal listening devices & earphones (mp3 players, ect.) is forbidden
- Prior to skating with TISC, membership application must be completed and all relevant documents (waivers, health, equity) must be reviewed, and payment must be completed.
- Bring your own water/ hydration/ food/ nutrition.
- Sign-in must be completed prior to participation.
- Follow the passing rules for the location (if unsure please ask the coach or instructor). Leave lots of room between yourself and the skater(s) you’re passing (about 1-meter). On the 400-meter track, it is customary to skate on the left side (inside) and pass/ overtake/ overlap on the right side.
- Each member or guest must sign in on the “Sign In” sheet at each practice.
- Stay alert to others using venues- tracks, trails and streets- and be courteous at all times. Be mindful of, and vigilant for, other participants, skaters, cyclists, pedestrians and motor vehicles, which may share the road and may constitute a danger to you. Occasionally you will encounter those who act in a reckless or dangerous manner. Do not initiate a confrontation, but rather, if the situation warrants it, report the person/vehicle to the police. During TISC programming and activities, coach, instructor, or a TISC volunteer will handle the situation.
- Avoid water, sand, dirt, grass, oil, debris, uneven or broken pavement, manhole covers and ‘road snakes’ (cracks sealed with tar). When skating in packs or groups, alert others to any oncoming hazards verbally and/or by pointing to the hazard side.
- Please consult the website, and use the facebook page, and listen-up at practice for practice and event cancellations due to weather conditions (made approximately 1-2 hour prior to start time) and/ or club attendance at competitions, other special club events.
- Please review and familiarize yourself with the section on Equity, Climate and Governance
- Unless otherwise noted, all practice venues are alcohol free and smoking is prohibited. These are policies and requirements of property owners and managements of the venues and facilities where TISC holds permits for the use of the venues and facilities.
- TISC programming and activities make use of group and individual drills and moment. This includes skating in groups, drafting, passing, moving and switching positions within the group (pack/ peloton), relays, technical drills, agility exercises, time-trials, wide and sharp turns, accelerations, decelerations, pacing, pursuits, races, competitions, balancing drills, isolating skating movements, and timed events.
- Group skating typically features contact between skaters such as hands on the lower back/ hips.
- When following/ drafting a skaters in a pack/ paceline, try to match the timing of your step/ push – for example, both skaters extending and pushing with the right skate at the same time.
11 of 11- REGISTRATION FORM, FEES
|Individual Registration Date||Adult||Student, 55 years +|
|June 27 2022||$140||$105|
|July 4 2022||$130||$97.50|
|July 11 2022||$120||$90|
|Ongoing…||$10 less each week||$7.50 less each week|
|Family Registration Date||Family of 2||Family of 3 (inquire for family of 4 or more)|
|June 27 2022||$224||$294|
|July 4 2022||$208||$273|
|July 11 2022||$192||$252|
|Ongoing…||$16 less each week||$21 less each week|
Completing and submitting this application indicates you have reviewed and agree to the documents (linked at the beginning of this post): 1) The Waiver , 2) TISC Equity Climate Governance statement, and 3) COVID-19 Assumption of Risk. There is NO NEED TO SIGN ANY DOCUMENTS. The submission of your application is considered as your review and agreement. A Paypal invoice will be sent to you at the e-mail address you submitted. Please check your junk-mail folder.
For family members, please complete an application for EVERY individual. For example, a family of three would submit three membership applications.
*UPDATED APRIL 2ND 11:15AM – ALL THE INFORMATION IS UP-TO-DATE AND COMPLETE. PLEASE CONTACT US AT TORONTOINLINE@YAHOO.COM IF THERE ARE ANY ERRORS, IF ANY INFORMATION IS MISSING, OR IF YOU HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS*