We are pleased to host an inline skating event on July 16th on our home track. Skaters of all speeds, experience, and ages are invited to come out and enjoy a beautiful day of skating, speed, and racing on our home track, a 400-meter asphalt oval near the north shore of Lake Ontario.
- When: July 16th 2022
- Where: 400-meter track next to Father Redmond School and Ken Cox Community Center, 28 Colonel Samuel Smith Park Drive, Etobicoke, Ontario, M8V 4B7
- Categories and Distances:
Age Class– for participants new to skating
– 5 years old and under – 100-meter, 200-meter
– 6 to 8 years old male/ female – 200-meter, 400-meter
– 9 to 11 years old male/ female – 400-meter, 800-meter
– 12 to 15 years old male/ female – 400-meters, 1200-meters
– 16 years old and above male/ female – 400-meters, 2000-meters
– 45 years old and above – 400-meters, 800-meters
Open Category– for participants experienced in skating and races
– Open Category: Junior 19 and under/ Senior 20 and over/ Master 45 and over male/ female – 800-meters, 10km elimination
* The age of the participant on December 31st of this year will be used to designate the age category
* Participants taking part in the Open Category races may also participate in the Age Class races
- Schedule of Events, Times:
– 7:30am: Registration opens, please check-in at the table near the sound-system on the East side of the track next to Father Redmond school
– 8am: first race * the following schedule may be adjusted due to number of participants and field size. Some distances and groups may be combined. Please listen for any announcements during the competition.
– Races will be held approximately every 10-minutes: 5- 100m at 8am, 6-8 male 400m at 8:10am, 6-8 female 400m at 8:20am, 9-11 male 400m at 8:30am, 9-11 female 400m at 8:40am, 12-15 male 400m at 8:50am, 12-15 female 400m at 9am, 16+ male 400m at 9:10am, 16+ female 400m at 9:20am, 45+ 400m at 9:30am, Open 800m at 9:40am, 5- 200m at 9:50am, 6-8 male 800m at 10am, 6-8 female 800m at 10:10am, 9-11 male 800m at 10:20am, 9-11 female 800m at 10:30am, 12-15 male 1200m at 10:40am, 12-15 female 1200m at 10:50am, 16+ male 2000m at 11am, 16+ female 2000m at 11:10am, 45+ 800m at 11:20am, Open 10km elimination at 11:30am
– Awards and Medals Presentations: 12pm
– 1pm: competition will be closed
- Awards: Medals & ceremony for top-3 for each race
- Perks: Freezies, music will be played too!
- Results: Click here for full results (PDF)
- Media- Pictures & Videos: Link to brief report with photo gallery
- Contact: email@example.com
- Rules: Helmet is required for all participants. Those under 16 years of age must use wrist/ palm protection, knee, and elbow protection. No shortcuts allowed. All skaters must obey the starting commands. No skating on the track when participant isn’t racing. No pushing, pulling, or knocking down other participants. No false starts. Please follow instructions of event officials/ judges/ referees. No tripping or bumping or blocking other participants. A race number (bib) must be worn on the hip- information for which side will be available on day of the event). No earphones or audio devices allowed to be worn. Finish is determined by the leading part of the skate that is on the ground that reaches the first edge of the finish line; if first skate is in the air, then the trailing skate will be used to determine the finish. No weaving (side to side) and no blocking or impeding other participants’ progress. Additional rules available here.
- Registration and Entry Fee: $25 registration fee for Age Class, Open Category is $30 registration fee (open class can also participate in Age Class races too), registration deadline is July 14th at 10pm. You can pay via PayPal, Interact e-Transfer (make password “skating“). Once you submit registration form, you will be contacted to complete payment.
- Disclaimer: *By submitting this form, you indicate that you have reviewed and are agreeing to the following Waivers and Forms (#1, #2, and #3). There is no need to print or submit these. #1) The Waiver [Waiver for Member] [Waiver for Visitor or Guest