Please Note- All components of Membership Application must be completed PRIOR to skating with TISC.
IS TISC FOR ME?
Like to skate? Wanna be fit? Go faster? Race? Enjoy rolling around with other skaters?
If you can skate in control- stand on your skates, roll comfortably and hold your balance, turn right and left, hop over obstacles, come to a stop safetly, then TISC is a good place for you to take your skating to the next level.
WHEN & WHERE
The 2022 season’s program and activities will take place at the 400-meter track at Ken Cox Community Center (next to Humber College) on Mondays at 6pm from April 4th to September 26th.[More information on locations.
WHAT TO BRING
Coming to a TISC practice? Bring the following
- Helmet (mandatory) that fits properly and has not made contact with the ground and is not damaged during a fall
- Skates (all types of skates are suitable)
- Wrist guards or palm protection (mandatory)
- Water bottle (filled with water)
- Clothing for activity, suitable for the day’s weather
WHAT TO EXPECT
TISC programs focus on the development of speed, fitness, and skills with a focus on the following
- skating technique and agility
- how to skate in a group with other skaters
- achieving health through active participation
- intervals, speed work, sprints, long distance skating
- mock races and relays
- tactics and strategy
Practices will begin with warm-up, on-skate technique to develop efficiency, drills and activities to help with agility, reach high speed, greater endurance, and tactics
TISC has a supply of rental racing skates (low boots, carbon fiber shell, big wheels!) available to its members. Cost is $100 for the season, $50 is skates are returned within 1-month of the start of the rental. A $400 security deposit is required. Please speak with a Board Member at practice to reserve a pair or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to become a Member with the Toronto Inline Skating Club, all applicants are required to complete the following. All components of registration must be completed online PRIOR to skating with TISC. This includes I) review Waiver, Equity, and COVID-19 documents, II) Complete membership application III) payment. Go to our TISC Membership Application.