TISC’s Peter Doucet, Morgane Echardour, and Herb Gayle competed at this past weekend’s Skate of the Union marathon in Chantilly, Virginia. The race course was located right next to Washington Dulles International Airport.
Morgane Echardour placed 1st amongst all women, scoring top points for the NROC series. Morgane Echardour and Candy Wong are now in a great position to place 1st and 2nd overall in the Open Women’s division (that’s the top category!) of the North American Race Series. Echardour managed to stay with the chase pack, finishing about 4-minutes back from the winning breakaway in a time near 1-hour 13-minutes 30-seconds.
Morgane Echardour (center) flanked by Jessica Wright & Karin Gabriel- photo by Peter Doucet, SpeedSkateWorld.com
Peter Doucet placed 3rd in a strong men’s field after spending most of the race initiating breakaways and then pulling his weight in the winning 5-man break. Doucet scored top NRCO points for the Open Men’s division (the top category for the men). He now sits in 3rd place in the NROC, poised to score some big points at this weekend’s New York 100k- the NROC finale- and catapult himself to the top step of the NROC.
Peter Doucet leads the winning break- photo from Diana Tan
Herb Gayle skated strong race, keeping up with the chase pack nearly to the end. He finished 16th overall. With this result, Herb Gayle now sits in 2nd place in the NROC Veteran Men’s division.
Herb Gayle- photo by Peter Doucet, SpeedSkateWorld.com
- Peter Doucet’s report & pictures [Click here]
- NROC standings
- Skate of the Union (Chantilly) results [5K Overall, Age Group] [10K Overall, Age Group] [21km Overall, Age Group] [42km Overall, Age Group]
- Live updates from the racecourse: Skate of the Union
- howrdb’s pictures from the Skate of the Union
- Video: start of the Skate of the Union: Skate of the union
- Video: finish of the Skate of the Union: Finish
- Pictures: Ezeefit Sports’s Photos – Inline Team 2010
- Pictures: Skate of the Union 2010, Half Marathon and Marathon
- Pictures: Skate of The Union 2010 Half & Full Marathon (Part II)
- Pictures: Skate of The Union 2010 Half & Full Marathon (Part I)